Post-Doc Position at JSI: Advanced High‐Resolution Analytical Transmission Electron Microscopy
Department for Nanostructured Materials at Jožef Stefan Institute (Ljubljana, Slovenia) offers a postdoctoral opportunity in the field of Advanced High‐resolution Analytical Transmission Electron Microscopy. Deadline for applications: December 15th, 2020.
The duration of the postdoc position is one year with the possibility of prolongation for another year. Posting will remain open until filled but no later than the end of 2020. The gross salary is predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates and amounts to around 2.200 EUR, yielding a net salary of approximately 1.450 EUR.
The postdoc will work at the interface between the Advanced material processing and Advanced microscopy research groups. As an example, one goal is to design and produce permanent magnets with radically increased efficiency than the current state of the art, through the advanced tailoring of grain‐interface phases where advanced microscopy characterization and in situ heating experiments in the microscopy will represent a vital part of the whole research.
MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Execution of structural and chemical characterization of interfaces, mainly grain boundaries, in various material systems at the atomic‐scale using probe‐corrected JEM‐ARM200CF equipped with Gatan GIF Quantum, Centurio EDS system (HAADF/ABF/BF STEM, EELS, EDXS). In situ liquid‐cell/electrochemical, biasing, heating, cooling, and tomography stages are also available.
- Dynamic assessment of grain boundary properties investigated by in‐situ experiments.
- Development of routines for efficient characterization of large data sets.
- Work in teams effectively, joint weekly meetings, and regular publishing of scientific results to scientific journals.
- Ph.D. in physics, or materials science, physical chemistry, materials engineering, or related experimental field or equivalent training/experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the independent use of various advanced transmission electron microscopy techniques.
- Deep commitment to research and experience in writing papers supported by a strong publication record in scientific/technical journals.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in large teams with colleagues at all career stages and with varying scientific backgrounds and experience in handling multiple projects and tasks in parallel.
- Curriculum vitae and a motivation letter
- Deadline: December 15th, 2020
- Prof. dr. Sašo Šturm
- E‐mail: email@example.com
- Address: Department for Nanostructured Materials "Jozef Stefan Institute", Jamova 39 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Post-Doc Position at JSI: Advanced High‐Resolution Analytical Transmission Electron Microscopy [PDF, 95.74 KB, not barrierefree]