Advanced TEM Specimen Preparation - Stuttgart Center for Electron Microscopy (StEM)
StEM will organize a workshop on "Advanced TEM Specimen Preparation" in Stuttgart, Germany from October 24th to October 28th, 2022.
The workshop on Advanced TEM Specimen Preparation will present a selection of advanced techniques for the preparation of TEM samples. It includes lectures, equipment demonstrations, as well as practical hands-on laboratory, work for the participants under the guidance of staff members of the Stuttgart Center for Electron Microscopy, demonstrating the following methods:
- Ultramicrotomy (UM)
- Focused Ion Beam (FIB)
- Ion Milling (IM)
- Automated Tripod Polishing (Tripod)
- Metallographic Pre-preparation (MP)
The workshop will take place from October 24th to October 28th, 2022 at the Stuttgart Center for Electron Microscopy (StEM) of the Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research.
- Address: Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Heisenbergstrasse 1 - 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
- Official website: https://www.fkf.mpg.de/StEM
- How to find us: https://www.fkf.mpg.de/30703/40_How_to_find_us
- In order to register, please download, complete, and send your registration form by email to the workshop organizing committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: before September 30th, 2022.
- A confirmation will be sent per email to all participants in due time.
- Attention: Please note that the number of participants is limited to 15.
Useful links, documents & contact
- For workshop fees & accommodation, please download and read carefully the full announcement below
- Important deadlines:
- Registration: September 30th, 2022
- Payment of the registration fee: October 10th, 2022
- Need further information or have any questions? Contact the Organizing Committee by phone (+49 711 689-3526) or email (email@example.com)
As we plan for a face-to-face event, please note that in order to be able to attend the workshop, you must provide an active proof of COVID-19 vaccination or recovery status (“2G rule”).